If you’re caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, turn to Quartet, a new Senior Living Village in Bettendorf.
Memory Care at Quartet Senior Living offers the support, security and compassion families need for their loved ones. It’s truly a place where residents feel cared for and fulfilled every day, with all the services and lifestyle amenities necessary to live the best life possible.
Keep reading to learn all about Memory Care.
What Is Memory Care?
Seniors experiencing cognitive decline benefit from memory care services because these communities provide high-quality treatments that support them however they need.
In addition to those higher levels of care such as assisted living or skilled nursing, memory care is a residential, long-term care option. While it too provides specialized care, memory care differs from assisted living because it focuses on Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
How Quartet Helps Seniors Awaken
Quartet Senior Living‘s Awakenings™ Memory Care program provides supportive and therapeutic Memory Care services to residents. In addition to improved alertness and mobility and a boost in mood, seniors see dramatic quality of life improvements with this therapy. Awakenings™ is a collaborative care approach that acknowledges and empowers the resident. Rather than relying on sedating drugs, our Memory Care program provides stimulation, like a sensory wall and custom “Iowa” wall, aromatherapy, massage, cooking, art therapy and more. By removing the mask of inappropriate use of antipsychotics, Awakenings™ helps residents awaken their physical and cognitive abilities.
This program centers the resident while combining the knowledge, experience and abilities of the professional care team, physicians, pharmacists, and those whose lives are entrusted to us and their loved ones.
Services provided in Memory Care at Quartet include but are not limited to:
- 24/7 assistance and safety checks
- Specially tailored and inclusive activities
- Assistance accessing any services and amenities in the community
- Coordination of outside health services
- Household upkeep and maintenance
- Three prepared meals each day
- Health care and support services to meet individual needs
Quartet’s Memory Care Amenities
In addition to the health care services listed above, Quartet offers many other on-site perks that make Memory Care here so wonderful, including:
- The Quad – Residents will enjoy the walking paths in this therapeutic courtyard with a garden patio.
- The Melody Room (for activities) – Staying active and engaged significantly improves quality of life. The Melody Room provides opportunities for arts, games, spiritual growth, and more.
- Ensemble Wellness Center – Physical movement is good for the body and lifts the spirits.
- Fresco Dining Room – Residents will feel at home with the open kitchen, centrally located inside the dining room.
- Ames and Hearth Living Rooms – There are small spaces for meetings and get-togethers.
- Sonata Lounge – Cozy and welcoming with a fireplace and soft seating, the Sonata Lounge is the perfect place to relax and socialize.
- Serenity Salon – There’s also a quiet salon to keep residents looking and feeling their best.